Fearless Forums
Drugs [Probably 18+] - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+---- Thread: Drugs [Probably 18+] (/showthread.php?tid=53995)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - Gandhi - 11-01-2014

Where I'm from, Croydon, everybody smokes weed because of how cheap it is and how easy it is to get. There's no hype being it and you don't really get a bad (or good) name for taking it.

I smoke a shitload of weed to be honest. (At least 4 times a week.) I've tried ammi, cheese, haze, og kush, sour d, and some other strains. I think it's safe to say that there are positive and negative effects to smoking weed (especially when being smoked so often.)

I've had a mostly good experience with the drug. It pretty much killed all of the stress in my life to a point where I can sit down and do the tasks I need to do without being distracted about something irrelevant to my work. I'm also better at maths for some weird reason (don't as why because I don't have a bloody clue.) The biggest problem with weed is how dopey you become for the next few days after you've taken it (smoke a q through a bong and you'll see what I mean xD)

I'd say weed is a good experience to have as long as you don't have it too often. It can become a distraction if you have too much.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - Nevy - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 01:11 AM)Enzyme Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 12:19 AM)Nevy Wrote:  Driving high is reckless and endangers the people around you. If you are going to smoke weed, do it in your home or a friends home.. not in public. Or move Colorado, Amsterdam or any of the other States that have legalized the drug.

Not to be that guy who will argue and cause a massive flamewar, but it's worth mentioning that alcohol as a much bigger issue than weed when it comes to the hazards of driving while high and drunk.

Alcohol is more socially acceptable, and a very high number of people consume alcohol on a regular basis.
One third of traffic-accident-deaths are caused by alcohol. (USA)
Around 30 people die every day in USA because of driving under the influence of alcohol.
I've lost a cousin myself because of alcohol+driving.

(And we're not talking about all the other problems that alcohol cause)
*coughs*

Not gonna bore you with the boring facts, but it's worth keeping in mind that alcohol is the biggest enemy here.

The article I was reading actually mentioned that people usually divert to the fact that alcohol is the leading hazard. But it is important to keep in mind that driving while high is responsible for about 12% of driving deaths in 2010 and all the drugs together accounted for over 28%. And remember, alcohol is WAY more accessible than these drugs so that is why it is obviously going to result in more problems.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - DoomDude1 - 11-01-2014

Drugs are fun. I've tried several and will probably try a lot of them as I come across. The only exceptions are things like heroine, krokodil, meth and such, but hey, if I make it to 70 years no holds barred.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - Cujo - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 04:23 PM)Nevy Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 01:11 AM)Enzyme Wrote:
(11-01-2014, 12:19 AM)Nevy Wrote:  Driving high is reckless and endangers the people around you. If you are going to smoke weed, do it in your home or a friends home.. not in public. Or move Colorado, Amsterdam or any of the other States that have legalized the drug.

Not to be that guy who will argue and cause a massive flamewar, but it's worth mentioning that alcohol as a much bigger issue than weed when it comes to the hazards of driving while high and drunk.

Alcohol is more socially acceptable, and a very high number of people consume alcohol on a regular basis.
One third of traffic-accident-deaths are caused by alcohol. (USA)
Around 30 people die every day in USA because of driving under the influence of alcohol.
I've lost a cousin myself because of alcohol+driving.

(And we're not talking about all the other problems that alcohol cause)
*coughs*

Not gonna bore you with the boring facts, but it's worth keeping in mind that alcohol is the biggest enemy here.

The article I was reading actually mentioned that people usually divert to the fact that alcohol is the leading hazard. But it is important to keep in mind that driving while high is responsible for about 12% of driving deaths in 2010 and all the drugs together accounted for over 28%. And remember, alcohol is WAY more accessible than these drugs so that is why it is obviously going to result in more problems.

I just find it a bit strange how everyone believes things just because it says "A study shows..." or "This article displays..." or whatever. While I'm not saying that they're always biased, I'm just saying it seems a bit overdone to the point where it's hard to believe. My dad said he found a study that showed that weed was as addictive as heroin. I just sighed and carried on, because he obviously is too caught up in his hatred for the drug that it's making him see these blatant lies as facts. Also, you may retaliate and say that my sources are biased, but they're not, because they're done through experience. Experience > Experiments.  

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - bismo - 11-01-2014

[Image: 963]

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - aviator - 11-01-2014

I had caffeine today. Does that count?

7 cups of tea a day Wink
Maybe the odd coffee.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - livkx - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 06:29 PM)Aviator Wrote: I had caffeine today. Does that count?

7 cups of tea a day Wink
Maybe the odd coffee.

Yes that sure counts, I have a caffeine addiction and I go weird if I don't get some after a while.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - Preditor - 11-01-2014

Anyone ever go through caffeine withdraw? Best day of my life.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - Ciryl - 11-01-2014

I like to restrict my arm with my belt then inject my marijuana hoping I don't overdose.

RE: Drugs [Probably 18+] - aviator - 11-01-2014

(11-01-2014, 06:59 PM)Preditor Wrote: Anyone ever go through caffeine withdraw? Best day of my life.

Well, I've had a few times before:
When I went on a Duke of Edinburgh expedition (it's some British award thing), I had 2 days without a cup of tea... camping out in some random field in the Peak District, well, it was hard! I forgot to pack the tea bags.
I went to Iceland with school back in April and that was 4 days without a cuppa. I was gasping for one and also "other" things, if you get my drift. Sharing a room is too risky...