Fearless Forums
Let's talk about who can post where - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Discussions (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=481)
+---- Thread: Let's talk about who can post where (/showthread.php?tid=52201)

Pages: 1 2

Let's talk about who can post where - Joykill - 09-19-2014

Oh yes, once again I felt that unreasonable decisions was made inside the administration. 

I posted this [Image: 72w1GD0.png]
For reference it was posted in this thread. About half an hour later it was removed from the aforementioned thread, and a warning on my forum account was issued by Floodify. Now, let's be very clear, Floodify obviously has very clear bias in this matter, based on his posts in the same thread, but that's a whole different discussion. I understand why nonsensical posts, that obviously was put no effort into is removed, say if it only contained "I think X is right, XX is lying". Was my post one of those? Well, that's for you to decide, I certainly don't think. I posted my take on the matter, looking from an objective standpoint, but of course with my personal beliefs, based on the crystal clear evidence. 
Continuing... 
Normally posts stays in the thread, only with a notice that the poster has been warned - weeeeell, not this time, apparently. The post was removed with no trace of it ever being there. 

Returning to my initial idea with this thread, in at least 50% of cases, admins have nothing more constructive to add to any admin abuse case than this, yet they're pretty much under 'post removal'-immunity. Their opinion isn't necessarily worth more, only considering their position. 

And woohoo, whoever administrator is reading this. I suppose it'll be removed, again. If required, feel free to remove the screenshot of the post itself, but please do keep the matter open for discussion.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - Labrador - 09-19-2014

Some people do provide the logical reasons behind things and admins remove them.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - GeorgeTheBoy - 09-19-2014

When dealing with abuse threads against staff members, only those involved are allowed to post. This is to:

1. Stop the thread being spammed with everyone's views.
2. Avoid people bringing up false claims against the staff member or accuser.

You posting your 'view' is not needed. You were not involved in the situation in which resulted to an abuse case nor does your post contain any further evidence. Therefore, your post doesn't add anything constructive to the abuse thread. You even asked Link66 questions which you shouldn't have because YOU WERE NOT INVOLVED.

Administrators can comment on abuse threads as they are here to help investigate what has happened and to make sure the abuse thread isn't breaking any of the abuse thread guidelines and rules. We have also been trusted not be bias when it comes to any disciplinary actions against staff members or players.

Now, unless you were actually involved and can provide any further evidence, I advise you refrain from posting on the abuse thread.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - THE ROCK - 09-19-2014

I never saw admin getting demoted for abusing , even when they abuse , theres always someone in staff that think that wasnt no abuse at all , so theres no point to do abuse threads about admins or complaint about it , since it never happen anything .....

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - Wood - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 04:47 PM)therock1990 Wrote: I never saw admin getting demoted for abusing , even when they abuse , theres always someone in staff that think that wasnt no abuse at all , so theres no point to do abuse threads about admins or complaint about it , since it never happen anything .....

You clearly haven't been around FL for long then, as I've seen 3-4 abuse cases lead to demotion or a warning, but don't forget this is oftenly done internally.
Some of the abuse cases are also moved to the admin area of private discussion is needed (I think Jamie's was).

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - aviator - 09-19-2014

How did I know Joykill would post something like this?

Even I felt your post was out of place in that thread. You got warned. End of.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - Enzyme - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 04:47 PM)therock1990 Wrote: I never saw admin getting demoted for abusing , even when they abuse , theres always someone in staff that think that wasnt no abuse at all , so theres no point to do abuse threads about admins or complaint about it , since it never happen anything .....

I guess you've been away from FL for a year. Things have happened. Staff-members have been demoted and stepped down instead.
Abuse-cases do result in consequences. The punishment can vary from a smack on the face to a demotion or whatever. The punishments are just rarely public to prevent public drama and it turning into a circus.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - Floodify - 09-19-2014

JoyKill, it's not rocket science. There is extremely basic rules saying you cannot post in a thread in the courthouse section unless you are involved, which you were not. Saying you were involved by looking at the evidence is not sufficient. Saying that just because you got something to say, that is constructive, doesn't give you the rights to break forum rules. Stop trying to defame me by trying to make a thread, when you obviously broke forum rules. By letting your post stay if I thought it was good to be shown, ignoring my duty as administrator to deal with people who break forum rules, then I would be biased.

If you're not involved = You do not get to post in a courthouse thread you are not involved in.

It is as simple as that.

You are only allowed to write in an admin abuse thread when you are:
  • the accusing user
  • a witness or in any other important relation to the admin abuse thread, this includes players who have witnessed other situations in which the admin abused.
The reason we don't want everybody to post in the admin abuse threads is because the threads will be a big mess.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - Joykill - 09-19-2014

(09-19-2014, 07:34 PM)Floodify Wrote: You are only allowed to write in an admin abuse thread when you are:

• the accusing user
  • a witness or in any other important relation to the admin abuse thread, this includes players who have witnessed other situations in which the admin abused.

Do you fit under any of these two categories? 
I'm not disputing my individual case, as well, obviously isn't up for discussion. As I see it, your opinion is seemingly more 'correct' or 'valid' than my take on it, solely because of your position in the administration. You're not stating facts, but your personal opinion. I'm not trying to defame you, I'm just stating a very clear fact. Again, easy to figure that you've got a strong opinion on the matter, based on your own posts on the same thread. 

(09-19-2014, 04:39 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: 2. Avoid people bringing up false claims against the staff member or accuser.

I never brought up false claims, and if I did, I'd be very interested to see which. 

(09-19-2014, 04:39 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: You were not involved in the situation in which resulted to an abuse case nor does your post contain any further evidence. Therefore, your post doesn't add anything constructive to the abuse thread.

I don't see it as quite that simple - there is objectively cold hard evidence of what happened, explaining tons more than what I would see as a bystander, for example. There are administrators posting that knows nothing more about the situation than myself, but their opinion is certainly valid, 'unbiased' and 'objective'. 

(09-19-2014, 07:34 PM)Floodify Wrote: By letting your post stay if I thought it was good to be shown, ignoring my duty as administrator to deal with people who break forum rules, then I would be biased. 

Oh yeah, allowing for discussion outside of admins and Iac himself. What a crazy idea, that would definitely confirm the administrative team biased. Currently, half of posts breaking the rules are only added a notice at the bottom, other half is completely removed. This, obviously, is dependent on the administrators personal opinion on that post, and that is the very definition of biased.

RE: Let's talk about who can post where - aviator - 09-19-2014

Sorry, but Fearless isn't a justified democratic place with a perfect business model and never will be. I don't mean this negatively on SoulRipper or the team, but at the end of the day - it's a gaming community.

I'd suggest you drop it, Joykill. You should have learnt by now that seldom will you win a fight with the staff.