Fearless Forums
Donator refund?? - Printable Version

+- Fearless Forums (https://fearlessrp.net)
+-- Forum: Community & Server Information (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Support Archive (https://fearlessrp.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=158)
+---- Thread: Donator refund?? (/showthread.php?tid=34389)

Pages: 1 2

Donator refund?? - Ronald James - 07-05-2013

Hi Fearless

I recently bought donator status and I'm wondering if I can get refunded a couple of days due to all the bugs that have been..

What I'm specific saying is, that the server have been offline/unplayable for the last 3/4 days... Every time I try to play on the server it crash ^^ And I kinda feel like wasting my money..

Ronald - Out

RE: Donator refund?? - DoomDude1 - 07-05-2013

Terms of Servic Wrote:5.1. Usage of Donations. As stated in Section 5.0, all donations are optional on the user's behalf, and considered a gift. We are not required to provide any services in return for donations, though we have preset packages as detailed in Section 5.0.
5.3. Refund policies. Unless otherwise provided by law, all donations are final and non-refundable.

RE: Donator refund?? - Exiscion - 07-05-2013

(07-05-2013, 02:44 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
Terms of Servic Wrote:5.1. Usage of Donations. As stated in Section 5.0, all donations are optional on the user's behalf, and considered a gift. We are not required to provide any services in return for donations, though we have preset packages as detailed in Section 5.0.
5.3. Refund policies. Unless otherwise provided by law, all donations are final and non-refundable.
He never said you were required to refund anything. He was asking if not you too thought it reasonable that a refund for the 3 days that we weren't able to play on the server was in order. Yet you throw terms of agreement in his face as if this was a business and not a community. Not to mention that you say that you are not required to provide services. Now that is just sad to be reading. Everybody knows that people who donates wants to be able to wear suits and use the other accessories provided from donation. If you think that a donation is anything but a purchase, then you are blind.

But sure. if you want to deny him this small refund of 3 days, and show all this is a matter of greediness and not fairness then go ahead.

(07-05-2013, 03:10 PM)Exiscion Wrote:
He never said you were required to refund anything. He was asking if not you too thought it reasonable that a refund for the 3 days that we weren't able to play on the server was in order. Yet you throw terms of agreement in his face as if this was a business and not a community. Not to mention that you say that you are not required to provide services. Now that is just sad to be reading. Everybody knows that people who donates wants to be able to wear suits and use the other accessories provided from donation. If you think that a donation is anything but a purchase, then you are blind.

But sure. if you want to deny him this small refund of 3 days, and show all this is a matter of greediness and not fairness then go ahead.

I'm sorry, how are you the authority on how Fearless operates regarding donations? Let me give you a little lecture.

1. By clicking the button donate you agree with our ToS

2. Let's analyze the word "Donation" shall we?

Wikipedia on Donation Wrote:-A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause. A donation may take various forms, including cash offering, services, new or used goods including clothing, toys, food, and vehicles.

-Donations are given without return consideration. This lack of return consideration means that, in common law, an agreement to make a donation is an "imperfect contract void for want of consideration.

Thesaurus.com Wrote:Main Entry: donation  [doh-ney-shuhn]
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: gift
Synonyms: a hand, aid, allowance, alms...

The recent DDoS attacks have in no way been caused or provoked by the Fearless community, they the result of certain people having too much time on their hands. I might also remind you that a very large portion of our player-base have the "Donor" status and they are not complaining. Simple, the recent attacks are one of the down sides of being one of the biggest functioning GMod communities.

Now please, as they say, step down.

RE: Donator refund?? - Narc - 07-05-2013

Upon donating, you agree to the Fearless Terms of Service.

FL Donation Index Wrote:By donating you will help the server financially. To show our appreciation we will give donator status or moneypacks as gift. With donator status you have more ingame benefits than non-donators. After you've made your donation, your account will be automatically updated. If you still have any questions or if you want additional information, feel free to ask the owner. By donating you agree with our Terms of Service. Donating is done via PayPal.

Your issue is covered in Terms of Service §5.1 and §5.2 and you have no right to a refund unless otherwise is provided by law.

Please also note ToS §5.0:

Terms of Service Wrote:Fearless does not provide any purchases or subscriptions, nor does Fearless conduct any sales or other such financial transactions. We do accept donations, and are not required to provide any services in return, nor will we issue refunds. Fearless is not a business, we provide our Services to you without charge, and any and all donations are entirely optional.

We provide preset packages which we may provide you as a token of gratitude for your donation, however Fearless reserves to right to not provide these services at any time.

All donations are considered a gift to Fearless, and are acquired legally and taxed via our payment provider.

(07-05-2013, 03:21 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:

I'm sorry, how are you the authority on how Fearless operates regarding donations? Let me give you a little lecture.

1. By clicking the button donate you agree with our ToS

2. Let's analyze the word "Donation" shall we?

Wikipedia on Donation Wrote:-A donation is a gift given by physical or legal persons, typically for charitable purposes and/or to benefit a cause. A donation may take various forms, including cash offering, services, new or used goods including clothing, toys, food, and vehicles.

-Donations are given without return consideration. This lack of return consideration means that, in common law, an agreement to make a donation is an "imperfect contract void for want of consideration.

Thesaurus.com Wrote:Main Entry: donation  [doh-ney-shuhn]
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: gift
Synonyms: a hand, aid, allowance, alms...

The recent DDoS attacks have in no way been caused or provoked by the Fearless community, they the result of certain people having too much time on their hands. I might also remind you that a very large portion of our player-base have the "Donor" status and they are not complaining. Simple, the recent attacks are one of the down sides of being one of the biggest functioning GMod communities.

Now please, as they say, step down.

And again you think this is a demand. And i don't need to read the rules of donation again. What is so hard to understand? i simply pointed out the fact that. When someone asks if a 3 day refund is reasonable. You just throw rules at him. like you just did with me. I don't need to read the rules. Because that is not what this is about. He never said that it was a demand. And then you say "I'm sorry, how are you the authority on how Fearless operates regarding donations?" which is the same as saying "who are you to lecture me because i am an admin". You keep thinking that this is about rules and facts. When its just someone asking whether a 3 days refund wouldn't be fair. Im not trying to question your authority merely your methods of saying "no".

RE: Donator refund?? - Narc - 07-05-2013

I'll simplify it.

You will not get a refund unless a demand is provided by law, this is not the case for the 3 days you're asking for, Fearless has the right to not provide these services at any time following the terms.

RE: Donator refund?? - York - 07-05-2013

The suits and perks that come along with donation are merely a way to say thanks for helping out the community, by donating we agree to the fact that we are simply giving resources to keep the community alive. You shouldn't donate just because you want cool stuff. You should do it because you love the community and want to keep it up and running. If you read the terms and conditions which we agree to before donating you will find that this is the case. If you don't actually give a damn about the communitie's well being, and you don't know what your signing up for as a donator then don't donate in the first place. What happened is perfectly fair. We have a no refund policy which people who read the agreement are well aware of. This means that if anything is to happen that inhibits you from playing on the servers such as them being down, damage to your operating system, or an in game suspension provided by an administrator.
That the FL staff is not responsible for refunding you in either your purchase or time lost of your donator status. Read the things that you agree to, before you go off on the staff about how they are "greedy and unfair" this matter this is. When in reality you are the one calling helping out the community "Simply a purchase" implying that you do not donate for anything but your own self gain.

let me just stop you before you dig up more rules and laws on donation. Since i can see your quite fond of that defense mechanism. This was just me asking doomdude to stop using rules as if we are just customers. Seeing that you say a donation is about gratitude. How can you not see it reasonable that he may get your "gratitude" extended 3 days. You don't seem very appreciative of his donation if you just mow him down with your archive of rules.

(07-05-2013, 03:36 PM)Fiblez Wrote:

The suits and perks that come along with donation are merely a way to say thanks for helping out the community, by donating we agree to the fact that we are simply giving resources to keep the community alive. You shouldn't donate just because you want cool stuff. You should do it because you love the community and want to keep it up and running. If you read the terms and conditions which we agree to before donating you will find that this is the case. If you don't actually give a damn about the communitie's well being, and you don't know what your signing up for as a donator then don't donate in the first place. What happened is perfectly fair. We have a no refund policy which people who read the agreement are well aware of. This means that if anything is to happen that inhibits you from playing on the servers such as them being down, damage to your operating system, or an in game suspension provided by an administrator.
That the FL staff is not responsible for refunding you in either your purchase or time lost of your donator status. Read the things that you agree to, before you go off on the staff about how they are "greedy and unfair" this matter this is. When in reality you are the one calling helping out the community "Simply a purchase" implying that you do not donate for anything but your own self gain.
Its funny how you point out my statements as were this me trying to get a refund. And not to mention that the FL servers are not in any danger of extinction. You say that it is about keeping the community alive. I think that we are long past that. Seeing that someone donates 40k DKK. This is not about responsibility, i already told you and the other guys. Yet you keep telling me that they hold no responsibility in this matter. So saying that it is a community seems a little off. If i where to show this conversation to any of my teachers at Copehagen Business Collage they would ask me "what business is this?".

(07-05-2013, 03:36 PM)Exiscion Wrote: let me just stop you before you dig up more rules and laws on donation. Since i can see your quite fond of that defense mechanism. This was just me asking doomdude to stop using rules as if we are just customers. Seeing that you say a donation is about gratitude. How can you not see it reasonable that he may get your "gratitude" extended 3 days. You don't seem very appreciative of his donation if you just mow him down with your archive of rules.

Actually he hasn't responded. You are just acting smart as his "un-appointed lawyer" trying to call us out on greed then just plain ignoring the facts you are given. Let me just end this discussion here: Why would anyone who donates for the well-being of the community and not for selfish reasons ask for anything regarding that donation? Donating means giving from your heart, not for the benefits it may or may not present. A donor feels good about donating even when there are 0 benefits and won't "even ask" about altering anything.

The answer to his question can be found in our Terms of Service here: http://www.fearlessrp.net/tos.html

Now sit down and butt out.